9.23.2009

Pesto perfetto

My basil patch is nearing its end for this season, but I'm hoping to make one more batch of a recipe I've been evolving all summer. I always intend to freeze the leftovers, but this is so good I can eat it straight from the spoon. 



 Basil Pesto

3 garlic cloves, peeled
3 cups basil, loosely packed
1/2 cup walnuts
2/3 cup parmesan, grated
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2/3 cup olive oil


Chop the garlic in the blender. Add the remaining ingredients except for the oil. Drizzle the oil into the blender while blending. I've really enjoyed this with gnocchi as it absorbs the sauce, but try it on other pasta as well as on chicken, pizza, or added to soups. Perfetto!

1 comment:

  1. Walnuts!! I never thought about walnuts...! Oh..I bet this is fantastic..thank you!

    ReplyDelete