11.20.2009

winter wanderlust


I am in the process of figuring out my winter holiday plans. Nova Scotia is really beautiful in the summer and I come down with a bad case of SAD most winters so I've saved my holiday time for then. I did a resort week in Mexico for the first time last winter and had a great time but I'm looking for something a little more cultural and educational, while still getting relaxing beach time.



I've heard about an ecological education tour in Belize that looks at land planning, agriculture and ecology while taking you on a tour of the country. I'm really interested, but would probably add a couple of beach days on the end. I'm also considering WWOOFing and longer term volunteer opportunities. I'm really excited but indecisive and need to make up my mind soon if I want to get my timing right. Have you had an experience with this type of travel you'd like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment