11.25.2009

smoothie secret



 After coming out of an intensive architecture program, moving constantly and entering a high-stress work environment, I had recently hit an energy low. I started the Spent program, which is all about bring you back in balance with a natural rhythm through daily beats over 6 weeks, about a month ago and am really noticing a difference in my energy levels, mood and , believe it or not, my face. A few of the eliminations have been tough, but one thing I really enjoy are the morning smoothies. I think the key ingredient that gives these smoothies such a gorgeous texture is... avocado. 


I've played around a bit with the Spent recipes and my favorite adaptation is the:


StrawMan Vigor Smoothie


1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/4 cup frozen mangoes
1/3 avocado
1/4 cup coconut milk
3/4 cup water
1 scoop whey
2 tsp greens powder
1/2 tsp ground flax


Combine in a blender and blend 'til smooth. This is the perfect breakfast- quick, portable and packed with protein, good fats, fibre and phytonutrients. And delicious!


{photo via sunset }

No comments:

Post a Comment